Sunday 1 July 2012

Christmas Ideas

I love Christmas, but Christmas in July just doesn't do it for me. It does however remind me to start thinking about what I am going to do at Christmas, for wrapping, food, parties and table settings. I know it's only July but these things take time!


Last year I ordered my wrapping paper from The Wrapping Paper Co. From here you can order bulk wrapping paper for Christmas as well as all other types, ribbon, jute, gift labels and bags. I went with black and white - one design was music sheets and the other a bird design. I just made the labels and gift tags using various Christmas pictures and the font 'Travelling Type writer'.




To tie the table setting in with the wrapping and Christmas tree, I used the same wrapping paper and jute to make my Bon Bons. They are really easy to make just using empty toilet roll holders and bon bon inserts that you can buy from Spotlight, Riot etc. This way you can fill them with more exciting items like mini perfumes and your own jokes. Although apparently my jokes were not that funny. I liked them.






For the table I found a great twig (trust me it's not that easy to find the one just the right shape on the side of the road). I hung this from the ceiling using removable hooks and fishing wire. I then used jute to hang the baubles at various lengths.






No comments:

Post a Comment