Sunday 22 April 2012

A Baby Shower for my Sister

My gorgeous nephew is now a very energetic, vivacious and funny 19 month old, who I love spending time with. I had so much fun planning a baby shower for my sister.




The Styling
I bought some swatches of material from Spotlight for the coverings on the tables. My great friend and florist Lizzie created the floral arrangements. For the sparkling wine I used small rectangles of spotted pink and blue paper to act as little ‘jackets’ fastened with pink and blue baby pins (which are not easy to find!)



The Food


We served an afternoon tea and although we had a selection of savoury food such as mini sandwiches and homemade sausage rolls, the focus was on the sweet fare. This included baby cupcakes, mini lemon meringues, mini chocolate banoffie pies and meringues with Persian fairy floss. The baby cupcakes (along with any other cake you might fancy) can be ordered through Charlie's Yarra Valley Cake's.





The Favours


I ordered the stickers from Pink Frosting which has ‘Bec’s Baby Shower’ and the date printed on them. Inside there was a bar of soap with a tag saying ‘We have showered Bec in pink and blue, now here is a shower gift just for you’. Each guest also received a take away goodie bag with chocolates and afternoon tea bags. The pastel boxes and ribbon were from Spotlight.















No comments:

Post a Comment